The National Business Institute (NBI) is offering a day-long seminar entitled “Probate & Trust Administration – What You Need to Know About Probate and Trust Administration,” on August 19, 2019, at the Wyndham Garden in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
(Full disclosure: I am one of the presenters.)
Program Description (From NBI):
Working through issues that arise through probate and trust administration can be daunting. Are you well-equipped with the tools you need to succeed? This insightful course will take you through steps in probate administration, including information on creditor and debt issues, tax and more. You will also get valuable insight on trust administration, including the handling of accounting, distributions and taxes. Don’t miss this opportunity to hone your probate and trust administration skills – register today!
- Take a closer looks at the initial step for filing the estate.
- Discuss what needs to be done to handle creditor claims and debts.
- Make sure everything is in order for the final distribution of the estate.
- Review what issues need to be addressed concerning taxes in probate administration.
- Get the latest information on taxation concerns associated with trusts.
- Explore the different types of trusts and how they are used.
- Learn ways to manage, sell and distribute property and assets in trust administration.
- Gain a better understanding of the distinctions between trust fiduciary accounting and income tax accounting.
This basic level seminar is designed for professionals who want to be more effective in the probate and trust administration process, such as:
- CPAs and Accountants
- Tax Professionals
- Financial Planners and Wealth Managers
- Trust Officers
- Probate Process and Overview
- Assets, Creditor Claims and Debt Considerations
- Distributions, Final Accounting and Closing the Estate
- Tax Issues in Probate Administration
- Trust Taxation Issues
- What You Need to Know About Trusts
- Accounting/Distributions in Trust Administration
- Ethics and Estate Administration
For more information and to register, please follow the link to: